- 03 Mar 2017
- 200 views
- 200 shares
10 Reasons Why You Can't Miss MBFWCT17
Here are 10 reasons why you need to be at this three-day fashion extravaganza:
1. MBFWCT17 will dominate the stylish Camps Bay Sports Complex on the Atlantic coastline. The state-of-the-art tent experience promises to be similar to Bryant Park for New York Fashion Week.
2. Camps Bay is THE place to be seen. Make sure your selfie game is strong and get spotted with the hottest designers and celebrities. Don't forget to use the hashtag #MBFWCT17 and tag @mbinspire_sa.
3. At the Experience AFI Lounge, you can air-kiss between shows, enjoy artisinal cocktails and food, and listen to unplugged sessions by some of Cape Town's finest musicians.
4. You can flex your credit card and buy fashion hot off the runway. The Designer Boutique pop-up store will be open for the full three days.
5. Avoid lipstick malfunctions – touch up at MAC. GHD will also be offering hair touch-ups, so you are guaranteed to look your absolute best at all times.
6. Gavin Rajah is back at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week and will be opening the show on day one!
Gavin Rajah's journey celebrates collaboration, details and design over the last decade, culminating in a celebration of love. He is also currently creating something transformative, with an exploratory development programme within the African design landscape.AFI
7. Laduma Ngxokolo, a fairly new face at fashion week who wowed crowds last year with his MaXhosa by Laduma range (pictured above), will be showcasing some exciting, never-before-seen designs.
Laduma's brand has grown, but his feet are still firmly on the ground, with MaXhosa identifying more as a lifestyle than a fashion experience.AFI
8. There will be more than 40 designers on show at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, including hot favourites David Tlale, Stefania Morland, BeachCult, Craig Port, Taibo Bacar and Leigh Schubert. See the full schedule here.
9. Apart from the statuesque models, the S-Class Cabriolet will also be flaunting its sleek curves on – and off – the road.
10. AFI, the Pan-African leaders in fashion, are celebrating 10 years of design this year. That promises an epic, not-to-be-missed Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
This particular fashion week holds a very special place in my heart, as we celebrate a decade of African excellence at AFI. Africa is a continent alive with opportunity and possibility. Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Cape Town 2017 is one such opportunity.Precious Moloi, AFI's executive chairperson